Deft 575 hood vents (air box/rear Turbo) question.

deftracing.com - Carbon Fiber Hoods, Gauges, Aerocatch, and more.
Airasys
Worthless Newbie

Deft 575 hood vents (air box/rear Turbo) question.

Postby Airasys » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have read through several different threads but I can't seem to find the info I am looking for and I hope someone who is more knowledgeable can shed some light. I have a Deft 575 that I am about to paint but I am trying to get some clarification on cutting the Vents for the air box and rear turbo. Is there any problems with having these vents installed (driving in the rain, road debris for example); I notice that the pictures of the Deft Spyder and several other cars do not have these vents installed. If there are no real issues what are the size that these vents be cut to? I am not planning on racing my Spyder so performance at 150 is not a factor for me; I selected this hood because I absolutely love the aesthetics.

One observation I have had with the fiberglass 575 (past month) is when driving at freeway speeds I see the top of the hood bulging up a bit (center area of the hood from 1/4 to 1/2); is this effect possibly from the ram air causing this this deflection since I don't have the Inner vents yet cut or is this caused by a low pressure area over the top of the hood? If I had the Vents cut would this hood bulging be possibly reduced?

Thanks for your time.

DanF
Poseidon of Post Whores

Re: Deft 575 hood vents (air box/rear Turbo) question.

Postby DanF » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:17 am

I can't really answer any of your aero questions, but please make sure that you have hood pins installed.
AEM EMS - to help keep you from doing The Bill Dance:

AyoAdrian
Site Supporter

Re: Deft 575 hood vents (air box/rear Turbo) question.

Postby AyoAdrian » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I had the vents cut out on my 575 hood. No debris or water really ever entered though there. But yes please install some hood pins.
91' BPU+ VR-4: Shooting for 400awhp

93' Fiji blue SL: The daily driver

Return to “Deft Racing”